Sun Damaged Skin
Excessive exposure to UV rays accelerate and amplifies all major signs of ageing including wrinkles, pigmentation, vascular disorders, dehydration and collagen disintegration.
What treatment options are available?
There are a variety of treatments available for sun damaged skin including
- Medical peels which help to thin out the damaged skin, disperse excessive pigment and increase collagen
- Medical Needling will increase collagen and elastin helping to firm the skin and plump out fine lines and wrinkles
- Laser Genesis using heat directed at the dermal layer will increase the production of collagen and elastin and smooth out skin texture
- Limelight assists in tightening the skin through heat and also targets uneven pigmentation
- Nd.yag vascular laser targets and shrinks broken capillaries damaged due to excessive sun
- Obagi Nu-Derm system is a medical system that penetrates to the deepest layer of skin to help correct signs of premature ageing.
How do I prevent further damage to my skin?
SPF 30+ worn everyday is essential in preventing further damage and helping to slow down the acceleration of ageing. Vitamin C serums should be used in conjunction with sunscreens to block free radical damage and increase the protection against UVA/UVB rays.
For more information or to book your free initial consultation call us on 1300 527 268