Got sun protection?
Skin cancer is the most common of all cancers. There are several types of skin cancer and most can either be prevented or detected at an early stage and treated. Australia has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world. According to the Cancer council Australia, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with skin cancer by the time they are 70. Anyone can be at risk of developing skin cancer, though the risk increases as you get older.
The majority of skin cancers in Australia are caused by exposure to UV radiation in sunlight. Sunburn causes 95% of melanomas, the most deadly form of skin cancer.
The first signs of early skin cancer are usually a number of abnormal but relatively harmless skin growths. It is important to spot these early changes as soon as possible as they represent warning signs of potential skin cancer.
Since skin cancer can so easily be prevented we know that a combination of measures to help block out the sun is the most effective way to stay safe.
Actinica® Lotion is an SPF 50+ sunscreen with an advanced liposomal formulation, leading the next generation in UVA & UVB protection. It is a hydrating, light–weight lotion trusted to provide the highest UV protection*.
When used as part of your daily skincare routine, Actinica® Lotion may help prevent premature skin ageing and some skin cancers.
- Actinica® Lotion contains a modern combination of long?lasting, photostable UV filters, which cover the UVA/UVB spectrum to absorb, reflect and scatter UV radiation
- Easy and convenient application – the unique pump dispenser helps you apply a consistent amount of Actinica® Lotion to your skin and provides reassurance that you are using enough lotion to protect yourself.
- Actinica® Lotion contains extra moisturising properties to help improve skin texture. It does not contain fragrance or PEG emulsifiers, which helps ensure the liposomal lotion is well tolerated.
- Actinica® Lotion is suitable for all skin types.
- Actinica® glides on smoothly under makeup, giving a warm finish to the skin.
- The Ultimate protection against the harsh Australian sun this summer.
- Turn Protection into Prevention
Here are some of the best things you can do to help stay sun-safe:
- Wear protective clothing, including long–sleeved shirts and trousers, UV proof sunglasses and a broad–brimmed hat.
- On all remaining exposed areas such as scalp, face, neck, back of hands, liberally apply a UV protection such as Actinica® Lotion every morning, every day and throughout the year.
- Plan outdoor activities to avoid exposure to UV light between 10 am and 4 pm, when UV radiation is strongest.
- Reapply at regular intervals and after swimming.
- Tanning booths further enhance the skin cancer risk and should be strictly avoided.
Available at La Sante for $50