Sun damaged skin- popular treatments
Ultraviolet rays from the Sun damage our skin. Aside from the leathery texture, it can give your skin wrinkles and uneven color. Sun damaged skin looks lifeless and dull. It also lowers your self-esteem. It makes you look older than your real age. So therefore, it becomes important to take appropriate measures to prevent sun damage of your skin.
The Sun’s UV rays cause much damage to your skin. The UVB and UVA rays of the sun penetrate deep into your skin and causes premature aging and in adverse cases skin cancer. The UVB rays affect the surface of the skin and cause sunburn.
Sun exposure also breaks down collagen and elastin and affects its production. It accelerates aging. You tend to get signs of aging long before your age.
When you observe the signs of aging on your skin, do not ignore them. Give it a second chance by using different treatments that range from over-counter creams, prescriptions and cosmetic treatments. Prior deciding on any one procedure, it is necessary to study in detail about them.
Popular cosmetic procedures that can help you get rid of sun damaged skin includes:
- Medical peels: It is one of the most common procedures that includes thinning out of the damaged skin. The procedure also accelerates the growth of collagen that helps maintain elasticity of your skin and do not let it sag before the right age.
- Needling: The process, increase collagen and elastin that helps in firming your skin, and also plump out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Laser Genesis: Laser Genesis is the most-advanced skin treatment in this category. A heat source is directed at the dermal layer that increases the production of collagen and elastin, and in turn smoothens out the skin texture.
- Limelight facial: It helps in tightening the skin by making use of a heat source. It also helps in treating uneven pigmentation
- Nd.yag vascular: The laser targets and shrinks broken capillaries that are damaged due to excessive sun exposure.
- Obagi Nu-Derm system: It is a medical system that penetrates to the deepest layer of skin to help you get rid signs of premature ageing.
To prevent Sun damage, it is suggested to wear use SPF 30+ before going out in the sun. It prevents further damage and also help to slow down the signs of aging. Use Vitamin C with sunscreens to increase protection against UVA/UVB rays.
For treatment of sun damaged skin, contact Hills medi Spa.